- 1 The FNA Association
- 2 Board of Directors
- 3 Editorial Centers
- 3.1 Harvard University Herbaria (A/GH)
- 3.2 Canadian Museum of Nature (CAN)
- 3.3 Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation (HIBD)
- 3.4 Illinois Natural History Survey (INHS)
- 3.5 Missouri Botanical Garden (MO)
- 3.6 Herbier Marie-Victorin (MT)
- 3.7 Billie L. Turner Plant Resources Center (TEX/LL)
- 3.8 University of Washington Herbarium, Burke Museum (WTU)
- 4 Office of Business and Development
The FNA Association
The Flora of North America Association is a binational collaboration of over 30 U.S. and Canadian institutions and organizations.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors serves as and was formerly named the Editorial Committee. It is the governing body of the project. It consists of (1) taxon editors, each of whom is responsible for soliciting and editing treatments for specific volumes; (2) regional coordinators, each of whom acts as a liaison between the project and the botanical community in his or her region; (3) a bibliographic editor; (4) a nomenclatural and etymological editor; (5) liaisons to governmental agencies in the United States and Canada; and (6) a managing editor. The officers are President, Vice President and Editorial Director, Vice President for Business and Development, Secretary, and Treasurer. Special advisors with expertise in specific areas, such as economic uses or conservation, have been asked to join or assist the editorial committee, and others may be added before the project is completed.
Processing of manuscripts for the Flora of North America series is being carried out at several editorial centers, each focusing on particular volumes or aspects of the Flora.
Harvard University Herbaria (A/GH)
22 Divinity Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138-2020
(617) 495-0794; fax (617) 495-9484 or (253) 399-8000
Web site: http://www.huh.harvard.edu/
- Dr. David E. Boufford, Taxon Editor, Northeast Regional Coordinator
- (617) 495-0794; david_boufford at harvard.edu
- Dr. Kanchi N. Gandhi, Nomenclatural and Etymological Editor
- (617) 495-1939; gandhi at oeb.harvard.edu
The Harvard University Herbaria serves as the FNA Nomenclatural Center. Coordination of regional reviews for the Northeastern United States also is carried out there.
Canadian Museum of Nature (CAN)
P.O. Box 3443, Station D
Ottawa, ON K1P 6P4
Web site: http://www.nature.ca/en/home/
- Dr. Geoffrey A. Levin, President, General Editor, Taxon Editor
- (819) 775-6508; fax (613) 364-4027; levin1 at illinois.edu
The Canadian Museum of Nature Herbarium is one of the editorial centers and a base of operations for the President of FNAA.
Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation (HIBD)
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
(412) 268-2434; fax (412) 268-5677
Web site: http://huntbot.andrew.cmu.edu
- Dr. Robert W. Kiger, Bibliographic Editor
- (412) 268-2434; rkiger at andrew.cmu.edu
The Hunt Institute is the Bibliographic Center for FNA.
Illinois Natural History Survey (INHS)
1816 South Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820-6970
Web site: http://www.inhs.uiuc.edu/
- Dr. Geoffrey A. Levin, President, Co-Lead Editor, Taxon Editor
- (819) 775-6508; fax (613) 364-4027; levin1 at illinois.edu
The Illinois Natural History Survey Herbarium is one of the editorial centers and a base of operations for the President of FNAA.
Missouri Botanical Garden (MO)
4344 Shaw Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Web site: http://www.mobot.org
- Ms. Tammy M. Charron, Managing Editor
- (314) 577-9550; tcharron at mobot.org
Missouri Botanical Garden is the Composition and Illustration Center for FNA.
- Ms. Ariel Roads Buback, Senior Technical Editor
- ariel.buback at mobot.org
- Ms. Tanya Harvey, Technical Editor
- tanya at westerncascades.com
- Ms. Suzanne Hirth, Manuscript Specialist II
- suzanne.hirth at mobot.org
- Ms. Cassandra L. Howard, Senior Technical Editor
- cassandra.howard at mobot.org
- Dr. Melissa Islam, Associate Technical Editor
- melissa.islam at gmail.com
- Ms. Kristin Pierce, Compositor & Manuscript Specialist
- kristin.pierce at mobot.org
- Ms. Jeanne Ponzetti, Associate Technical Editor
- Mr. Andrew C. Pryor, Associate Technical Editor
- andrew.pryor at mobot.org
- Dr. Mary Beth Saffo, Associate Technical Editor
- mbsaffo at post.harvard.edu
FNA illustrators are professional artists who provide botanical illustrations for the flora by encouraging thoughtful collaboration between author and illustrator. They work with herbarium specimens, live plants, and slides in order to create scientific art that enhances and clarifies the treatments.
- Ms. Barbara Alongi, Illustrator
- barbara.alongi at mobot.org
- Ms. Marjorie Leggitt, Illustrator
- mcleggitt at gmail.com
- Mr. John Myers, Illustrator
- john.myers at mobot.org
- Ms. Yevonn Wilson-Ramsey, Illustrator
- ywr.illustration at gmail.com
The Missouri Botanical Garden is also the center for the production and provisional electronic publication of the bryophyte volumes (through the BFNA Web site, http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/BFNA/). The hornwort and liverwort treatments are being received, illustrated, and edited for final publication in FNA volume 29.
- Dr. Richard H. Zander, Lead Editor - Bryophytes
- (314) 577-9595; Richard.Zander at mobot.org
- Ms. Patricia M. Eckel, Illustrator - Bryophytes
- (314) 577-9595; patricia.eckel at mobot.org
Herbier Marie-Victorin (MT)
Institut de recherche en biologie vegetale
Université de Montréal
4101 est, rue Sherbrooke
Montréal, Quebec H1X 2B2
(514) 872-8490; Fax: (514) 872-9406
Web site: http://www.irbv.umontreal.ca/english/herbarium.htm
- Dr. Luc Brouillet, Taxon Editor, Eastern Canada Regional Coordinator
- (514) 872-8490; luc.brouillet at umontreal.ca
The Institut de recherche en biologie vegetale is one of the editorial centers, and coordination of regional reviews for eastern Canada is also carried out at MT.
Billie L. Turner Plant Resources Center (TEX/LL)
University of Texas at Austin
Main Bldg Rm 127, 110 Inner Campus Dr, Stop F0404
Austin, TX 78712-1711
Web site: https://biodiversity.utexas.edu/collections/plants
- Dr. George Yatskievych, Lead Editor
- (314) 540-7055; george.yatskievych at austin.utexas.edu
The Billie L. Turner Plant Resources Center is one of the editorial centers.
University of Washington Herbarium, Burke Museum (WTU)
Seattle, WA. 98195-5325
Web site: https://www.burkemuseum.org/collections-and-research/biology/plants-and-fungi
- Dr. David Giblin, Co-Lead Editor
- (206) 543-1682; dgiblin at uw.edu
The University of Washington Herbarium is one of the editorial centers.
Office of Business and Development
P. O. Box 716
Point Arena, CA 95468
The FNA Business and Development Office is located in Point Arena, California, under direction of Dr. Nancy R. Morin, Vice President for Business and Development. It also serves as an editorial center and for coordination on regional reviews for the southwestern United States. Bookkeeping services are carried out by Jane Kelley Bookkeeping Services, Gualala, California.
- Dr. Nancy R. Morin, Vice President for Business and Development, Co-Lead Editor, Taxon Editor, Southwest Regional Coordinator
- (707) 684-0277; nancy.morin at nau.edu